Award-winning meats for a barbecue to remember! .
The Matthews butchers business was founded over 75 years ago by Albert Matthews. Three generations later the same values held by Albert of selling only the finest quality meat continue to the present day.
Your delicious BBQ hamper includes:
- 6 x 4oz Quarter Pound Galloway Beef Burgers
- 6 x Albert's Originals Award Winning, rare breed Sausages
- 6 x 4oz 28 Day Dry Aged, (Galloway - Rare Breed) Rump Steaks
- 6 x Free Range, Chicken Drumsticks
- 6 x Free Range, Chicken Thighs
- 6 x 4oz Gloucester Old Spot Rare Breed Pork Steaks
Albert Matthews' preference is to use only traditional British breeds of livestock, working closely with farmers in Lancashire, Cheshire and Cumbria to rear specially slow maturing breeds. The beef is from breeds such as Aberdeen Angus, Galloway, Hereford, Shorthorn cattle. The lambs are Swaledale, Herdwick and Dalesbread, when in season we will have lamb reared on the Morecombe Bay salt marshes. Pork is from Saddleback or Gloucester Old Spot Pork. Albert Matthews will also use any interesting or rare breed that their farmer friends have available. All the above will give meat that has taken longer to rear and has a little more fat but the reward is much more flavour and tenderness than meat from a supermarket.
You can find out more about Albert Matthews by visiting their website here