Your unforgettable day, our unforgettable setting...
Steeped in history, the iconic Lews Castle has been a centre of activity and intrigue since the early 19th century. Overlooking Stornoway harbour on the Isle of Lewis, the impressive gothic revival style castle was built in the mid 1800’s by Sir James Matheson, a rich merchant who also developed the surrounding area into picturesque woodlands. Since then this beautiful building has also served as a hospital during the Second World War, a college and a school and now as an iconic wedding venue and luxurious holiday destination with Together Travel.
Voted the #1 European Island to visit by TripAdvisor in 2014, it’s not difficult to see why the Isle of Lewis consistently receives so much acclaim. From beaches and crystal clear waters that rival the most beautiful islands, to its rich history and stunning scenery, this remote and utterly spectacular destination in the Outer Hebrides is the perfect venue for wedding celebrations and wonderful memories.
We want to ensure that every part of your wedding with us is tailored to you, helping build a perfect experience and lifelong memories that stay with you forever. We offer a range of catering options to suit all tastes and budgets and are here to help with any additional requirements – from recommending local suppliers to our own top tips, your wish is our command!
- Iconic, dramatic and beautiful location; a stunning backdrop for your wedding photography
- Dedicated wedding co-ordinator
- Flexible and personal approach
- Variety of room settings including the ballroom, library and morning room, accommodating between 10-100 guests
- Available for ceremonies and wedding breakfast (if you're looking for information on registry offices, click here)
- 22 bedrooms available for wedding guests