Meet these fascinating and unusual animals...
Pauline and Laura would like to offer you a warm welcome and unique experience with their gorgeous alpacas. They are currently the only business of this kind on the NC500 route (just two miles from the road to be exact!)
The Alpaca Experience
For ages 10 and over
The session involves a short introduction to Alpacas, meeting and interacting with them, followed by a trek along the nearby beautiful coastline, rounded up with a photo opportunity. The whole experience lasts approximately 90 minutes, dependent on the co-operation of the alpacas!
- An alpaca experience will last for 1-2 hours and will cost £25 per alpaca.
- If two people are sharing an alpaca, the cost is £35. No more than 2 people may share an alpaca.
- 'alpaca experiences' run daily at 10:00 and 14:00 throughout the summer - weather permitting!
- Due to the fact that you will be trekking over uneven ground, unfortunately at this time, they are not wheelchair friendly.
- Please wear sensible footwear. You will be trekking in fields and the ground may be wet and uneven. Also, please remember that you are in the North of Scotland where the weather can change frequently - so please bring suitable clothing.
Alpaca Ma Picnic
For all ages
For younger enthusiasts and starting at 12:30 and finishing at 2pm on Sundays and Tuesdays, bring your food and drinks to the designated outdoor picnic area and see the alpacas up close and personal. There will be an opportunity once you have finished your meal to say ‘hello’ to the boys. All guests must be responsible for supervising the children in their group at all times.
- Adults: £10
- Children £5 (under 16)
- Family of 4 (2 adults, 2 children) £25
With the introduction of these calm and very different animals to a location so far north, but very accessible to the tourist North Coast 500 route, add to your holiday experience and enjoy something truly memorable.