Take a Walk on the Wild Side at Chester Zoo
Whether you are travelling with family and friends or taking a solo trip, there is never a wrong time to visit the zoo. A visit to the Chester Zoo allows you to explore the world without ever leaving the UK and is a great choice for adventurers of all ages. This site is not only popular with locals and tourists but also operates with an inspiring mission to conserve wildlife and educate the community. As you explore things to do in Cheshire, make sure to put Chester Zoo on your list of must-sees!
Learn More About Chester Zoo
Twenty-seven thousand endangered and off-beat animals, 128 acres of award-winning gardens, and 500 different wildlife species. You and your family will not run out of things to see and experiences to have at Chester Zoo. But in addition to being a public attraction, the zoo is also a charity organisation managed by the North of England Zoological Society. This group is made up of 1,000 individuals dedicated to wildlife conservation and accessible education. Thanks to two million visitors annually and countless generous donations, the Chester Zoo runs numerous educational programs and exciting activities each week. In addition to meeting new and unusual animal species, visitors also have the chance to traipse through stunning gardens blooming with orchids and teeming with beautiful plant life.
What is there to see at Chester Zoo?
Have you ever wanted to go on a globe-trekking adventure? Good news—you can see the best of what the world has to offer at Chester Zoo! The zoo is one of the most popular things to do in Chester, and for a good reason. Here are some of the places you can "travel" thanks to the zoo's conservation efforts:
- Madagascar: The Chester Zoo's gardens feature the tall, waving grasses of Madagascar. This massive African island is home to a variety of grasses, from ornamental ones to sturdy bamboo.
- American Southwest: Perhaps lush grasses and flowering plants are not your cup of tea. In that case, visit Chester Zoo's collection of cacti. The zoo boasts numerous species coming from the American Southwest, Central America, and South America.
- Southeast Asia: Southeast Asia is home to some of the most incredible wildlife. Unfortunately, many of those animals are endangered. Chester Zoo-goers can get an upfront look at the majestic Bornean orangutan, Asian elephant, and Javan green magpie.
- Caribbean Islands: Get a slice of the tropical life in your own backyard! Lots of Caribbean flamingos make their home at Chester Zoo. Guests of all ages are captivated by their bright pink feathers and tendency to strut around their enclosure.
Things to Do at Chester Zoo
If you want more than just exploring enclosures and wandering through curated gardens, Chester Zoo can accommodate you. In addition to traditional zoo activities, you can enjoy a range of experiences with your friends and family. Choose from these exciting options, among others:
- Botanist's Lab: The Botanist's Lab is the perfect place for plant and flower lovers. The la was created using a range of recycled materials and serves as a pleasant garden as well as a picnic site.
- Flamingo Experience: Meet some of the most marvellous creatures in the zoo up close! At the Flamingo Experiences, guests get to feed flamingos and ask keepers their pressing questions.
- Latin American Adventure: Latin America is home to some of the most diverse wildlife in the world. Guests on this adventure will meet two-toed sloths, capybaras, giant anteaters, and more.
- Fruit Bat Experience: Have you heard the term "frugivore"? Fruit bats are some of the world's most famous frugivores—animals with a diet consisting primarily of fruit. During this experience, you'll feed bats and learn more about important conservation work.
- Secret Life of the Zoo Tour: If you have ever wanted to take a peek behind the scenes, this tour is for you. Guests will see first-hand how animals and keepers get ready for a day at the zoo.
Book an Accommodation Near Chester Zoo
Together Travel Co. can help you find the ideal accommodation in Cheshire as you plan your trip to the Zoo. The Cheshire countryside has plenty to offer, from award-winning gastronomy to stunning villages and views. Talk to our experienced planners about booking a stay in Goostrey and Lower Withington.
Plan Your Marvellous UK Staycation Today
Are you ready to make your holiday reservation? Reach out to the team at Together Travel Co. We're seasoned experts in planning accommodations and cosy staycations in the United Kingdom. Contact us to book your Cheshire getaway today!