Eat your way through the colder months...
During your foodie escape this Autumn, we heartily recommend on stocking up your self-catering kitchen with fresh, seasonal ingredients and tempting local delicacies to make sure your cosy getaway is one to remember! With a whole host of farmers markets and larger supermarkets to choose from, feast easily and indulgently on regional delights from the comfort of your luxury lodge or cottage.
South Cornwall is famous for it's rich ice-creams (the perfect match to warm desserts), the residents of Yorkshire are champions of the famous Yorkshire Puddings which form the delicious toad-in-the-hole, and North Wales has long been the home of the most succulent slow-roast Lamb!
As Autumn is the time of rich, opulent flavours and indulgent eats, we wanted to share our favourite Great British recipes that are easy enough to whip up during your stay, but still tasty enough to please the crowd!
Why not try a steaming dish of sumptuous comfort food?
- Silky Butternut Squash & Pumpkin Soup
- Hearty Toad in the Hole with Onion Gravy
- Spicy 3-bean Chilli Con Carne
- Crispy, scooped-out Baked Potatoes
- Sizzling Hot Dogs with Tangy Ketchup
- Slow-cooked Lamb Hot-Pot
- Creamy Mushroom Risotto
Or, tuck into sweet treats & tempting goodies!
- Crunchy Toffee Apples
- Heavenly Hot Chocolate with fluffy Marshmallows
- Sticky Parkin Cake
- Moreish Gingerbread Biscuits
- Piping hot Apple-berry Crumble
Together Travel loves...Rocky Road!
To make these super simple munchies, you will need:
- 200g Dark Chocolate
- 2-3 Tbsp Golden Syrup
- 135g Butter
- 100g Mini Marshmallows
- 200g Digestive Biscuits
- Raisins or other Dried Fruits
- Chopped Nuts
- Line a medium baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place your biscuits into a freezer bag and have fun smashing them up until they resemble a mixture of crumbs and chunks!
- In a large sauce pan, melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup over a gentle heat, stirring it until the chocolate’s melted, and then remove from the heat.
- Take your smashed biscuits, marshmallows and other tasty extras and pour into the chocolate mixture. Stir everything together until the mixture is all covered in chocolate.
- Tip the mixture into the baking tray, and spread it out to all the corners.
- Pop in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set, then chop up into bitesize pieces!