Business Development Manager, North of England
Contract type: Full time, permanent
Location: Home Based, covering the North of England with weekly/monthly visits to Together Travel Central Office at The Glasshouse, Alderley Park
Travel and the occasional overnight stay away from home may be necessary, dependent upon the location of clients/owners and properties.
In a nutshell
The Business Development Manager is key to support the portfolio growth plans of Together Travel. With a strong appreciation for the brand and what we deliver for our guests the Business Development Manager will be able to identify and recruit new owners and properties which will enhance the Together Travel property portfolio.
In order to be successful within this role the ideal candidate will have an enthusiasm for seeking out fantastic properties and opportunities. They will be able to passionately sell the Together Travel brand with integrity and pride themselves on their ability to build effective working relationships.
Day to Day responsibilities.
Understanding the market and identifying opportunities
- To have, and to maintain knowledge of the UK holiday market with the emphasis on the luxury self-catering sector.
- Identify opportunities that match the Together Travel brand that would complement the current portfolio.
- Identify individual properties and collections of properties, which would be suitable to add to our current portfolio.
- Network with key players within the property and holiday markets to build relationships, at all the relevant entry points-planning/design/build/sell/operate.
- Work collaboratively with the Central team and operational site teams to ensure all opportunities and leads are identified and maximised.
- Develop a strong reputation within the region to encourage referrals from estate agents and local networks.
Development and Portfolio Management
- Research prospects thoroughly, using appropriate resources, such as press, internet and relevant industry contacts in a structured manner.
- Attend relevant networking and industry events to identify new prospects.
- Make contact with prospective owners and present the Together Travel product outlining our unique selling points, including the Concierge, internal marketing expertise and on-site Retreat management services.
- Gain buy-in from prospects, and progress negotiations to a contractual agreement.
- Work with the property owners and the relevant departments to put together bespoke Operational Management Agreements for new locations and/or individual property contracts.
- Be the main point of contact between Owners and Together Travel during negotiations until handover to an alternative team - Concierge or Operations.
- Be an expert in how the owner portal operates in order to demonstrate key functionality/benefits to property owners.
- Provide a regular report to Head of Commercial, outlining qualified prospects identified, and progress made with leads previously generated (pipeline).
- Grow the Together Travel property portfolio by optimising the conversion of all leads, both self-generated and inbound enquiries.
A passion for the travel, property and leisure industries is vital - with a great appreciation and understanding of the current marketplace.
The ideal candidate will have experience in: homeowner recruitment within luxury self-catering, business development within the leisure industry or experience from a proactive sales background in a related industry.
We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills, over the phone, via email and face to face. You will be representing the brand and will have excellent interpersonal and networking skills. Your communication style will be positive, encouraging, and motivating with the ability to negotiate successfully.
Being highly motivated is key. You will be a self-starter and be able to keep focussed on your goals. You will be able to work both independently and, in a team-orientated, collaborative environment.
Excellent organisational skills are key for this role, and you will have strong computer skills.
To register your interest, or to request further details please contact us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org