Time to lace up your walking boots....
Making the most of a crisp sunny October day whilst visiting the Cotswolds, we completed a lovely. 4-mile circular walk that took us through Little and Great Tew.
Allow 1 hour 45 minutes for the walk, a sturdy pair of boots or wellies are recommended. Keep dogs on leads around livestock and when approaching roads and always follow the countryside code!
- From the Great Tew Cotswold properties we left the site through the gardens that lay south of the accommodation and took an immediate right onto the footpath up to the main road. Be careful when crossing as people tend to come out of the village at quite a pace.
- Head directly over the road and follow the gravel path past a house to your right and onto a path through to a field.
- Keep to the right-hand side of the field until you come to the edge and up onto a small road. Take an immediate right past some white railings and a large property called The Lodge and continue up the road into the village of Little Tew.
- Follow the road through the village taking a right at the T junction before following the road up a small hill out of the Village. The road will bend to the right – look out for a gap in the edge and the footpath sign posted Great Tew.
- Follow the path diagonally across the field – you will know you in the correct place as there should be a large antenna to your right.
- Follow the path top the far corner of the field – you are approaching a main road at this point so best to keep any dogs on a lead and watch out for speeding cars!
- Head across the road (when safe to do so) and you will see a chrome gate. Head through this (remembering to shut behind you as there may be livestock in the field)
- Keep to the right of this field until you pass the farm buildings on the left. Turn left once you have passed the farm buildings and continue to the bottom right corner of the field – cut through the style in the hedge and you will find yourself in the centre of Great Tew.
- Head over the green in the centre of the village and to the right you will find The Falkland Arms – a great place to stop in for some refreshment or a spot of lunch – the fish finger sandwich is superb!
- Head back over the green and follow the road up the hill and out of the village.
- At the top of the road, cross over and follow the footbath sign that will take you into a field, with a house to your left.
- Keep to the right of the field, take in the views and follow the path to the bottom of the field.
- Make sure you keep to the footpaths! Take a right at the bottom of the field.
- Follow the path over the stream into the next field and then continue with a house to your right. Carry on until you return to the Cotswolds properties that will be located on your right!
Searching for somewhere truly special to rest your legs?