Nestled in an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty between coastal villages Totnes and Dartmouth, Gitcombe Retreat offers a cluster of nine outstanding holiday cottages, each offering utmost comfort and tranquillity amongst spectacular scenery. Sleeping between 2 and 13 guests per cottage, all manner of families and friendship groups can be accommodated, with many guests choosing to return year after year for a peaceful break.
Featuring sweeping, designer kitchens, cosy living spaces complete with wood-burners, chic bedrooms and stylish bathrooms, private terraces, far-reaching views of the Devonshire countryside and more luxury amenities than you could hope for during a self-catering stay, Gitcombe is truly a small corner of paradise for those looking to escape.
Exceptional attention to detail adorns every surface – from Jane Churchill fabrics to Farrow & Ball palettes, Villeroy & Boch bathrooms suites to modern Dualit electricals, no expense has been spared in the renovation of these upmarket cottages.
Both avid explorers and more laid-back wanderers are spoiled for choice in the local area, with Gitcombe sitting in proximity to some of the most breath-taking beaches and National Parks that the Southwest has to offer. There are chic waterside towns with bustling seafood restaurants, an abundance of attractions for all ages, epic coastlines to explore and pretty walking trails to meander along. Whether you’re a surfing aficionado, fanatic about wildlife, dedicated foodie or just in search of true relaxation, this idyllic Corner of England has something to offer all.
Aside from the exceptional holiday cottages and the thoughtful touches and modern amenities they offer, guests at the Gitcombe Estate are invited to enjoy the shared facilities, ensuring there is adventure footsteps from your door (whatever the weather)...
- Heated, indoor pool (30x18ft) with changing rooms, WC's and showers, available throughout the year
- Family-size sauna & steam rooms, available daily
- Soft-cushion indoor playroom, toy shed and table football
- Gated, heated outdoor pool (34x22ft) with rattan sun loungers - available from May-September
- Newly-decked sun-bathing terrace with magnificent views across to distant Dartmoor National Park
- Hot Tub, sunk into the decking (ideally enjoyed under the starlit sky!)
- Championship-size Tennis Court with complimentary racquets and balls (also available as a basket-ball court)
- Boules Court, with complimentary Boules available in adjacent wooden store
- Outdoor Adventure Playground with swings, wooden pirate ship, train, treehouse, throne and more!
- 14 acres of breath-taking grounds to explore, with ample opportunities for picnic and trails that lead to surrounding countryside and cosy pubs
From cosy cottages to sweeping barn conversions...
Part of the sought-after terraced cottage collection, Maristow offers 4*-Gold holiday luxury for up to 5 guests. An oversized end-of-terraced home, the interiors are stylishly decorated and beautifully finished, ideally suited for exploring this blissful corner of Devon with your nearest and dearest.
Surrounded by beautiful countryside, with the emphasis on outdoor living and absorbing the scenic Devonshire countryside, the 5* Gold Garden House is rightly named after it’s beautiful borders, hedgerows and flowers.
Expertly crafted by award-winning architects; Roderick James, this modern barn conversion with private hot-tub, offers an exquisite, stylish holiday home in a breath-taking position overlooking the Gitcombe Estate.
Location & local attractions
Don't just take our word for it...
Discover more holiday locations around the UKView all destinations