Bracing country walks wrapped head-to toe in your best wooly knits, landscapes embellished with jewels of frost, getting snug in front of a roaring fire, there's nothing quite like a Christmas staycation to really wind down into the festive spirit.
Looking for Christmas adventures? Get a head start on your festive check-list and head across coast & country with our Yuletide guide, all of which are FREE entry and perfect for you and your loved ones to enjoy during the Christmas season.
|Best for stays in...
|Richmond Christmas Market
- Sunday 8th December
- Visit Father Christmas in his Yorkshire grotto...
- Discover the festive Christmas Tree Competition
- Enoy live music, festive food & drinks to feast on
- Browse the Chic Vintique fair, plus a craft & gift marquee
- Stock up on gorgeous gifts amongst the many stalls & stands with seasonal goodies
- For young explorers, jump into fairground rides and face-painting
|Fowey Christmas Market
- Friday 6th - Sunday 8th December
- Witness Santa arrive by tug boat to Berril’s Yard, then join the Lantern Parade and Samba Band which follow him to the beautiful church gates. After everyone's gathered round, watch the Christmas lights Big Switch On at the church gates and enjoy quaint little Fowey lit up in a festive fashion.
- Tuck into a succulent hog roast, mulled wine & treats amongst live Christmas music and the 'lane of lights'
- Choirs and musicians will provide the perfect festive atmosphere to your seasonal adventure
- For a generous dose of retail therapy, the Town Quay Marquees, Webb Street Market and Fowey Leisure Centre will boast Christmas stalls jam-packed with winter goodies
- Christmas jumper & hat competition - points for the wackiest designs!
|Thurso Grows Christmas Food and Craft Market
- Saturday 14th December
- Local crafters showcase their creations
- Perfect place to pick up unique Christmas gifts for your loved ones
- Enjoy warming drinks including non-alcoholic mulled wine!
|Abersoch Christmas Festival Weekend
- Friday 30th November - Sunday 2nd December
- Keep your eyes peeled for Father Christmas on his sleigh, during the lantern parade from the harbour
- Head on down to Abersoch where the cafe’s, restaurants and shops open late for the Christmas fayre and lots of Christmas cheer!
- The local school children will be singing carols around the Christmas tree and taking part in the Children’s Christmas Treasure Hunt
- For the perfect presents and souvenirs, there will be a craft fair in Abersoch Village Hall
- Face painting and a Christmas raffle will keep young explorers entertained, with the cosy tunes of the local brass band floating through the air
|Padstow Christmas Festival
- Thursday 5th - Sunday 8th December
- Ideal for foodies, take a front row seat to festive chef demonstrations including celebrity chef's Nathan Outlaw, Paul Ainsworth and Rick Stein
- Feast on the very best food and fayre from local and regional companies
- Take a sip on locally manufactured beers, ales, gin, ciders, licquors and many others, whilst picking out the perfect gifts for loved ones
- Browse the beautifully crafted goodies from a myriad of artisan companies and manufacturers, and truly get into the Christmas spirit
|Winter in the Highlands
- Traditional Inverness Farmers Market on the 7th and 21st December, with tasty treats to enjoy over the holidays
- The Inverness Christmas Craft and Food Fair at Eden Court Theatre from the 6th to 8th December offers an exquisite range of Art and Crafts under one roof.
- The Spectacular annual Winter Wonderland on 13th, 14th and 15th December will bring about a transformation Whin Park with wonderful illuminations setting the scene for Santa’s and his reindeer and Mascot Friends.