Join our family
- salary: Salary will be negotiable depending on experience
- start date: available to start within three months
- contract type: Permanent
- hours: Full time
- location: Lews Castle
in a nutshell
The Assistant General Manager is key at Lews Castle both in terms of fulfilling the guest experience to the highest standards and operating the site profitably and on budget. Reporting into the General Manager, the Assistant General Manager will support in running the operations at the Castle and will be required to deputise for them.
The key focus will be on service across all areas to ensure that we are offering fantastic service to our customers and guests and running the site efficiently. A large part of the role is overseeing the day to day running of the food and beverage operation in The Storehouse together with the large variety of events that are held in the Castle throughout the year.
day to day responsibilities
Service and Standards
- Assisting in all aspects of running the Castle including organising the Storehouse food and beverage activity, event planning and delivery, site maintenance, health and safety, housekeeping, and dealing with general managerial requests.
- To gain an understanding of the financial operation of the site and to support the General Manager to deliver a profitable operation
- Work with HQ to ensure all system requirements are met, and that all stock items are loaded accurately, and changes are updated in the system.
The Storehouse and Events
- To oversee the efficient day to day running of the Storehouse
- To manage stocktakes in the Storehouse and ordering appropriate levels of stock ensuring that the stock control system is, at all times up to date and accurate.
- Complying strictly with all legal requirements with regard to liquor licensing
- Ensure all back of house areas, are well maintained, appropriately stocked and clean.
- Liaising with Head Office in organising and running events i.e. weddings, corporate and promotional events etc to ensure an excellent result every time.
- To support the General Manager and the company by networking and being involved in the local community
- To maintain good and clear communication through all areas including sub-contractors on site and the General Manager.
- Undertaking any other duties which may, from time to time, be necessary to ensure the smooth running of the location
- Engage with and develop team members on site to ensure that all customers receive amazing customer service in all aspects of their stay from check in through to housekeeping.
- To ensure team members are being deployed in a productive manner.
- Ensure the team understand service expectations and constantly drive world class service
- To demonstrate and ensure the team deliver our 5 key people competencies of Teamwork, Strong Communications, Positive Can-do attitude, Solution orientated and Excellent Product Knowledge
- Lead, inspire and champion the team and their talents, encouraging on-going development and progression.
- Support with recruitment of staff within the Castle to match levels of business and agreed budget
- Ensuring that proper training is given to all team members in food safety, food hygiene, COSHH and all other health and safety requirements of their roles.
Are you a strong operator with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a high-end establishment as Food and Beverage Manager looking to progress to Assistant General Manager? Do you have excellent experience in the operational management of events and banqueting and a guest focused approach with strong financial and commercial understanding? Do you take pride in ensuring fantastic guest satisfaction? Do you love to work in a team to build strong working relationships with your colleagues, guests and external businesses? Can you find solutions and have the ability to think on your feet?
If so, this role could be perfect for you and we’d love to hear from you. Let’s get together!
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com