Housekeeper, Lews Castle
Job Title: HOUSEKEEPER
Reports to: ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER, GENERAL MANAGER
Location: Lews Castle, Stornoway, Scotland
The Housekeeper role is essential in ensuring that our guests enjoy a fabulous stay in our amazing accommodation. With fantastic attention to detail, the Housekeeper will ensure that the accommodation is in pristine condition and will escalate any maintenance issues directly to the management team.
- To take full responsibility for the full clean of accommodation upon the departure of guests.
- In the absence of Management check accommodation prior to the arrival of guests to ensure all areas are in pristine condition.
- Using the checklist ensure that all areas have been cleaned and prepared to the required standard.
- To use the correct cleaning products for the relevant jobs and ensure hygiene levels are kept to a high standard.
- Regularly change cleaning materials eg: wipes, dusters etc to ensure they are effective and hygienic.
- Change all bed linens to a high standard. Ensuring all linen is clean, unmarked and presentable. Escalate to the relevant manager if linen is marked or damaged.
- Ensure toiletries are replenished.
- Ensure the bathrooms are cleaned to a high standard and stocked with sufficient linens and supplies.
- Ensure all flooring is either vacuumed, swept and washed as appropriate.
- In kitchen areas ensure the refrigerators, ovens, microwaves and stoves are clean inside and out.
- Periodically conduct deep cleans of ovens, microwaves, stoves and refrigerators.
- Clean windows (inside) and ensure smear free.
- Escalate any issues in relation to dirty external windows with the relevant management team.
- Spot check each residence throughout the clean and escalate any maintenance issues with the relevant manager.
- When meeting our guests greet them in a friendly, welcoming and consistent manner.
- If a guest makes a direct request to Housekeeping ensure that you promptly fulfil the request and if unable to fulfil the request raise with the relevant manager. Ensure that you keep the guest aware of the progress and always communicate in a friendly, positive manner.
- Approach all tasks and requests with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Escalate any general issues with the accommodation to the relevant manager promptly.
- To be an ambassador for Lews Castle & Together Travel, in all areas and to ensure always smart and presentable and wearing the correct uniform.
- Previous experience in a similar role is preferable.
- Team Player
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Strong customer focus
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to multi task
- Amazing interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive and flexible
- Positive, Creative, ‘can do’ approach
- Friendly and welcoming
- Ability to ‘make it happen’
- ‘Can do’ attitude
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com